Sunday 8 June 2014

Day 16 - Wurzburg to Brussels

Mileage from home: 4130
After a few beers and currywurst, I dozed-off nicely listening to the Rammstein, Nina and oddly Bon Jovi back catalogues - party like it's 1989! Actually, what's with the funny bunny rabbits all over the place. Odd tourist attraction.
Anyway, Dino woke-up still in a foul mood so I thought - stuff it, I'm going with or without you.... Bust-ups on long trips like these are inevitable..... But he packed his crap together and tagged along. He didn't want the fresh bread rolls I bought for him so just bungeed them to the back. I found it pretty amusing when the inevitably came out of the bag and hit some innocent motorists!
Anyway, we made very quick and efficient progress despite me having to stop again to re-tighten the chain. Not much adjustment left but it should get me home.
Finally left Germany crossing the Netherlands toward Belgium.
Continued on to a campsite in Brussells which is well hidden but nice. Practicing my French has been funny. Got here early, it's still boiling but the bar is open and Dino's calmed down - so all is well. Last night - only 340 miles home tomorrow so we may as well make the most of the last day and down some ice cold Belgium beers. It's all good.
Ass-pain: 6/10
Beers: 61 + 2 rums + 2 cherry grappas + 3 bottles of local white wine + 2 rose + 1 jug of cherry? wine + some single malt + 5 red
Mechanical problems: 1
Theft count: 0



 

No comments:

Post a Comment